Bank Clerk is a very dignified job in Banking sectors as bank clerks are the face of banks. Bank clerks play an important role in providing the customer’s services available at the bank branch.
Duties of a Bank Clerk:
Roles that a bank clerk plays at the bank.
- Serving to customer’s necessities such as cheques passing, withdrawal slips etc.
- Assisting customers with the opening of savings, recurring and current accounts.
- Debit card issue and re-issue, advising customers with deposit account opening, withdrawal, and closing.
- Managing cash counter everyday transactions such cash deposits, cash withdrawals, cheque deposits etc.
Bank Clerk Jobs:
- IBPS (to select candidates for various Public Sector Banks for clerk post)
- Federal Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Nanital Bank
- South Indian Bank
- The candidate must be 20-28 years old.
- The candidate must have completed his/her graduation from a recognized state or central university.
- Computer operating and working knowledge of computer systems is mandatory.
The Bank Clerk exam consists of 2 online exams, first is the Preliminary and second is the Mains.
The Preliminary exam has 3 sections i.e. English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability. The exam has a total of 100 questions and each question carries 1 mark and the duration of the exam is 60 minutes, after clearing the Preliminary exam a candidate is eligible for the mains exam.
The Mains Exam has 5 sections. The five sections of the Mains exam are Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General/Financial Awareness. The Mains exam consists of 200 questions and the time duration of the exam is 160 minutes.