The National Defence Academy (NDA) is an iconic institution and symbol of global excellence in the province of military education. Over the years it has emerged as a unique military academy, attracting the best of youth from our nation and also from friendly foreign countries and transforming them into officers and gentlemen. During the last six decades of its glorious existence, the National Defence Academy has grown.
To join National Defence Academy an applicant must appear in the entrance exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi, twice a year. The Union Public Service Commission is solely responsible for issuing guidelines for selection and the final conduct of the entrance examination.
UPSC has released the notification for NDA-I on 15th January 2018, click the link below to know more about NDA 2018.
- The application fee for General and OBC students is Rs. 100.
- No application fee is to be paid by SC/ST applicants and children of NCOs/ JCOs/ORs.
- The fee can be paid via online mode (VISA/Master/Debit Card and Net banking).
- In offline mode, payment can be paid through E-challan of SBI Bank.
- Applicant must be in between 16.5 years to 19 years old.
- Only unmarried male candidates can apply.
- Candidates must have passed 12th class or equivalent exam from a recognized board or university.
- For Air Force and Navy, a candidate must have passed 12th class or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as the main subjects.
- Candidates must be medically fit as per the standards by National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination.
- Candidates have to go through the medical exam organized by the Military Hospital after getting approved at the SSB.
NDA Exam Pattern:
- Objective type questions are asked in the examination.
- Examination mode will be pen and paper mode.
- Duration of the examination will be Two and a half hour for Code 1 and Code 2 each.
- The examination will consist of two sections Code 1 Mathematics and Code 2 General Ability Test.
- The language of the exam will be in English and Hindi only.
- Negative marks will be given for every wrong answer.
|Mathematics||01||2 hours and 30 minutes||300|
|General Ability Test||02||2 hrs and 30 minutes||600|
NDA Exam Syllabus:
- Before preparing, candidates must gather all information regarding the officially prescribed syllabus.
- Mathematics section (Code 01) contains topics like Algebra, Calculus, Matrices and Determinants, Differential Calculus, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Integral Calculus & Differential equations, Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimensions.
- General Ability Test (Code 02) is divided into two parts – English and General Knowledge.
- General Knowledge consists of Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and
How to apply:
- Click the above “apply now” button or visit https://upsconline.nic.in.
- Click the “click here for Part I” to register for Part I of registration.
- Submit all details correctly as required on the form.
- After submitting all details applicants gets a Registration ID via SMS and email both.
- You may print the application for future purpose or may proceed to Part-II of registration.
- In Part-II of registration, applicants are requested to submit the application fee which can be paid through both online and offline mode (print the challan receipt and submit the application fee at any SBI branch).
- After fee submission, applicants are requested to choose the centre from the given list.
- After centre selection applicants are requested to upload their scanned photograph and scanned signature as per the required size.
- After submission of images, applicants are requested to submit the agreement to the declaration.
- Applicants may take the print out of the application submitted or all details will be forwarded to the applicant’s email address.
Visit the top of the page to know the latest notification regarding NDA Examination.